David was born in Windsor, Nova Scotia in 1961. He studied music at both Acadia and St. Francis Xavier Universities where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Music as well as a Diploma in Jazz Studies. In 1983, he moved to Toronto and was a co-founder of the Shuffle Demons with whom he recorded five discs, several videos and toured throughout Europe and North America from 1985 to 1995. He also composed or was the principal composer of many of the Shuffle Demon hit songs including the classic “Spadina Bus” and “Out of my House Roach”. He has one gold record, (Contact! The All-Star Collection…a collection of hockey themes that includes The Shuffle Demon version of “The Hockey Night in Canada Theme”) He has one Juno nomination for Best Jazz Album “Streetniks” by the Shuffle Demons. Since leaving the Shuffle Demons in 1995, he has been playing and recording in the Quebec City area both with his jazz trio, The Trio David Parker, (two discs), Jig’s Up! (one disc) the electrifying sax quartet Sax-O-Matic (one disc), Saudade (three discs), The Dudes of Swing and The Groove Music Project among others. In 2005, David completed his Masters in Jazz Performance at Laval University and is currently head of the music department at St. Patrick’s High School.
Here's a little history of David Parker's musical accomplishments:
- - Composed the Shuffle Demon's hit songs: “Spadina Bus”, “Out of my House Roach”, “Pavin’ My Road”, and “Yukon Girl”
- - POST CITY – “Spadina Bus” by the Shuffle Demons is chosen as one of the top 50 Toronto rock songs of all time!
- - As a founding member of the Shuffle Demons (1984 – 1994), he recorded 5 albums, numerous videos, was nominated for a Juno, received a gold record and toured North America and Europe extensively playing most major jazz and world music festivals.
- - The Trio David Parker, (Jazz) has released two independent albums and toured throughout Canada.
- - He has recorded and toured with Jig’s Up! which is a ‘roots oriented’ project that features the songwriting talents of David Parker... "Cold Beer" among others.
- - Founding member of the internationally famous saxophone quartet Sax-o-Matic (over 300,000 hits on youtube)